GUIDELINES AND POLICIES
GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS AND PARENTS
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR CHILDREN
- Play fairly and have fun.
- Abide by the rules set down by instructors and facility staff.
- Behave in a manner that avoids bringing the game of tennis into disrepute.
- Behave in a manner that avoids injury to yourself or others around you.
- Respect officials and accept their decisions.
- Respect instructors and all other players and their families.
- Refrain from ball/racquet abuse, bad language, and inappropriate behavior.
- Never use unfair or bullying tactics to gain advantage.
- Win with grace and lose with dignity.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
- Be a role model for their child and maintain high standards of conduct when interacting with all others.
- Act responsibly and do not seek to unfairly affect any players, officials, or the outcome of a game.
- Never intentionally expose any young participant to any kind of embarrassment or disparagement.
- Recognize the value and dignity of those who provide sporting and recreational opportunities for their child.
- During any program sessions you should not interfere with any officials or any members in disruptive ways.
- Interactions with any officials or other participants should not interfere with the program in disruptive ways.
- Encourage their child to play by the rules of tennis and promote good sportsmanship.
All students, parents, and guardians are expected to exercise exceptional behavior not during all our programs but also off-court. Repeated incidents that result in disrupting program activities may result in temporary or permanent removal from the program. In the unlikely case a student is suspended or removed due to any breach of our code of conduct, there will be no refunds or credits issued.
All invoices are due in full and all past due invoices are scheduled for automatic payment charged to your previously used payment method. The cancellation for a refund deadline is 10 days before the official start date of each season or program. A credit will be offered only if a camp day is completely cancelled or a doctor’s note is provided for a camper’s absence. Credits expire at the end of the same session the payment was made for. In the event of another mandatory shutdown you will receive a full refund for the unused portion of your payment